Volunteering is a rewarding experience, one that benefits you as much as it benefits those you help. At The REY, we support local living. That means we support the many organizations that do good within our community. One of our favorites is PAWs San Diego, a subsidiary of San Diego Humane Society.
PAWs San Diego is always looking for volunteers – even four-legged volunteers. Together, you and your dog can make a difference. Sign up to join the Education Team and visit summer camps, birthday parties, and various shelter events or come on to help with Pet-Assisted Therapy (PA-T). Canine Ambassadors bring joy and cheer to convalescent homes, hospitals, mental health centers, abused children’s homes, and juvenile detention centers.
We love the Welcome Waggin’ visits. This free program is designed to share the love and companionship of dog-ownership with people who are unable to own a pet of their own.
Why PAWs San Diego?
Why do we love PAWs San Diego? Because they care. And not just about animals, but for the city and its most vulnerable populations as well. PAWs San Diego provides essential pet services and support to low-income seniors, chronically ill, and disabled individuals, proving, one again, that everyone deserve the endless love and affection of a cat or dog.
PAWs Programs & Services
- Adoptions – On-Site and Mobile
- Animal Cruelty and Neglect Investigations
- Animal Rescue Service
- Behavior Consultations
- Comprehensive Medical and Behavior Services for Shelter Animals
- Educational Programs
- Foster Care Program
- Pet-Assisted Therapy
- Pet Loss Support Group
- School Outreach Programs
- Spay and Neuter Services
- Vaccine Clinics
How to Volunteer
Getting started is easy. Simply follow these instructions:
- Complete the application for the San Diego PAWs Campus during the next recruitment period. Volunteers are recruited every other month, starting in January of each year.
- Next recruitment period: January 1st-15th, 2017.
- All volunteers will attend an orientation and hands-on training prior to volunteering.
- A background check and/or DMV check is required prior to volunteering for PAWS positions that work directly with homebound clients.
Learn more about PAWs San Diego and the many volunteering opportunities nearby. Reach out to their team with any questions you may have: 619-299-7012
*Please note: PAWs San Diego is only recruiting for volunteers with weekday availability, between 8am-5pm.