Berkshire Communities is proud to announce the Berkshire Spirit of Giving program at Vela on the Park, Inspired Apartments in Stamford, CT. Community management and leasing teams partner with Residents to give back to local communities across the United States. The staff at Vela on the Park will partner with Residents to make difference in Stamford throughout the holidays in a variety of ways.
- Halloween Card Writing for Stamford Hospital Patients: Vela on the Park team and Residents are busy making Halloween cards for the children and teens in Pediatric care at Stamford Hospital.
- Adopt-a-Pet/Pet Costume Contest and Parade: On October 31, Vela on the Park will host a Pet Costume Contest and Parade. Guests will also be able to learn about pets available for adoption.
- Collecting Donations for Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County in Stamford: The holidays will soon be here. It is a time to celebrate and count our blessings with friends and family. It is also a time to remember our neighbors in need. Residents and neighbors can help by donating food or making monetary donations.
- Day of Service at Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County in Stamford: In Connecticut, one out of every five children are hungry or at risk of hunger. In lower Fairfield County, the need for emergency food has doubled in volume in just the past 5 years. Residents and staff at Vela on the Park will help to make a difference by participating in a Day of Service the first week of December. Volunteers will inspect, sort and shelve food, as well as assist shoppers.
- Veteran’s Day Letter Writing: In November, in honor of Veterans Day, we will be writing letters of encouragement and thanks to Veterans. Letters will be sent to AMillionThanks.org.
- AmazonSmile: Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon we know and love. Same products, same prices, same service. The Vela on the Park team will promote AmazonSmile on our website, social media and email campaigns to residents to encourage all to utilize AmazonSmile when making Amazon purchase throughout the holidays.
- David’s Treasure Chest Collection for Stamford Hospital Pediatric Patients: The Vela on the Park team will be collecting new gifts for child and teenage pediatric patients at Stamford Hospital throughout the holidays. Patients can select a new gift to bring joy, laughter and love.