- Ongoing monitoring of ADC (Average Daily Consumption) for all Berkshire Communities properties, including benchmarking of the highest performing properties and applying those techniques throughout the portfolio
- Faucet aerators utilized to mix air with water to decrease water consumption
- Low-flow toilets and shower heads installed to minimize water consumption
- Landscape planning that incorporates water-saving techniques
- Use of reclaimed water for irrigation
Annual irrigation audits to evaluate volume of water used and determine areas where efficiency can be improved.